CURRENT PLANS   //  CURRENT UPWP

CURRENT UPWP

UNIFIED PLANNING WORK PROGRAM

For more information contact:

Objectives

The overall objectives of the UPWP are:

  1. To help implement the MTP by conducting the planning work necessary for achievement of the goals, objectives, and projects within it
  2. To coordinate planning work among and between the agency and jurisdictional members of the APO
  3. To provide transparent financial management of the APO

Each UPWP covers a two year period, however, the UPWP is developed and approved annually. The UPWP’s second year is provisional and is only used to help the APO and its members understand upcoming studies and budgetary needs.

DOWNLOAD CURRENT UPWP PDF


History of Changes to Current UPWP

The UPWP for 2020-2021 was approved by the Policy Board on Aug. 8, 2019.

MnDOT approved the 2020-2021 UPWP on Oct. 2, 2019.

USDOT issued its concurrence with the 2020-2021 UPWP.

The 2020-2021 UPWP is effective Jan. 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2020.

The 2020-2021 UPWP was amended by the Policy Board on Feb. 13, 2020. The amendment:

  • Added $12,000 to the APO’s 2020 budget to conduct a condition assessment of all shared-use paths in the Metropolitan Planning Area;
  • Added $51,250 to the APO’s 2020 budget for staff time to correct a calculation error in the original UPWP and to reflect the hiring of a more experienced Associate Planner

80% of the additional funds will come from a Federal planning grant; the remaining 20% will come from the APO’s savings account.

 

On June 11, 2020, the Policy Board approved a small budget adjustment, subtracting $4,500 out of the Travel budget, and adding $3,000 to IT Support & Software and adding $1,500 to Equipment & Hardware.


The Next UPWP

Executive Director Brian Gibson has completed a review of expenditures for FY2019. That review assisted in the development of the 2021-2022 UPWP.  The FY2019 review can be seen by clicking HERE.

On June 11, 2020, the APO Policy Board approved the 2021-2022 UPWP. You can see that document by clicking HERE.

arrow pointing down

Active Planning Efforts


TH-15 Operations Improvement Study

TH-15 between 2nd Street South and 12th Street North is a four-lane divided highway that currently carries 31,000-36,000 vehicles each day, including a significant number of large freight trucks. Several of the intersections within the study area also experience a high number of crashes. The regional travel demand model tells us that by 2045, TH-15 may carry as many as 50,000 vehicles per day. The goal of this study is to improve safety and mobility on this important regional arterial.

READ MORE

Travel Demand Model Updates and Improvements

The regional travel demand computer model is used to forecast future traffic counts on major roadways within the region. Multi-million dollar transportation investment decisions are made – at least in part – based on travel demand model results. It is important the the model be as accurate and functional as possible. This effort will update and improve the model.

READ MORE

Mississippi River Bridge Planning

The last planning effort for a potential bridge at 33rd Street South in Saint Cloud ended in 2005, with four potential alternative alignments being considered, but a final preferred alignment never being settled upon. This planning effort is intended to update the existing conditions since 2005 by identifying potential new economic, political, social, and environmental consequences of the possible alignments and developing consensus around a preferred alignment, thus enabling protection of that corridor.

READ MORE

Older UPWPs:

To see UPWP documents from previous years, you can click on the titles below or visit our ARCHIVES page: